Cassidian’s new SPEXER 1500 Radar
Cassidian’s SPEXER 1500 Radar offers unprecedented level of situational awareness for the mobile protection of border regions and sensitive industrial or military installations.
Dr. Elmar Compans, Head of Cassidian’s Sensors & Electronic Warfare, said: “SPEXER 1500 is the worldwide first security radar using the latest radar technology of Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA), which provides a multi-tasking and multi-mode capability and increases the detection and target assessment capability substantially. Due to its dual beam capability, it can replace several conventional radars.” In addition, the radar is compact all-in-one and portable because of its low weight and low size and can also be installed temporarily or in mobile configurations.
FOCUS ON SMALL RADARS – see also:
- Blighter Explorer: an integrated radar and camera system for rapid detection and identification of intruders in remote areas.
- Russian SpotterRF – portable radar offers new view for soldiers in the field
- HUGHES BOXER MPS: is a small, lightweight, system designed to detect personnel, vehicles and airborne targets at ranges from 10m to 45km, day or night and in all weather conditions
- THALES SQUIRE: is a man-portable medium-range ground surveillance radar that can detect and classify moving targets on, or close to, the ground at ranges up to 48 km.
- SELEX SI LYRA FAMILY: for Homeland Protection, Field applications as a Man Portable Radar, Vessel Traffic Service
- FARA-PV: Portable Short-range Battlefield Surveillance Radar with a Panoramic Display FARA-PV – radar surveillance of men and armoured vehicle movement in remote hard-to-reach border areas in poor optical visibility
- ELISRA Foxtrack(TM): designed to provide surveillance at medium to long ranges (8 km for soldier and 15Km for small car).
- Small Radar Tutorial (Christian Wolff, graduated Radar engineer, SMSgt. G.A.F. (Rtd.) )
SPEXER 1500 is optimized for the surveillance of border areas and critical infrastructures such as oil fields and military camps. With an instrumented range of 40 km, its high doppler and velocity resolution as well as its high clutter suppression, it is able to detect, track and classify even very small and slowly moving objects such as pedestrians, but also fast objects such as speed boats in the sea or low-flying objects such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. In addition, a camera mounted on top of the radar can be cued to the radar in order to identify suspicious objects. This ensures a superior surveillance performance and a high level of situational awareness providing security forces with additional reaction time towards illicit intrusions.
The SPEXER 1500 is part of the SPEXER security radar family which consists of several radars, each optimized for specific applications including border, infrastructure, perimeter and coastal surveillance. A specific version for wide-area and long distance border surveillance, SPEXER™ 2000, is under production for a huge border surveillance system in the Middle East. A military version has been developed for the German Army while a derivative for coastal surveillance, Spexer 2000 Coastal, is ready to be deployed.
Source : Cassidian