ISR activities are taking an increasing role in the execution of a wide range of critical missions, eg: Counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism, Maritime Domain Awareness, Space Defense, Security Communications in a Global Context. Maximizing the Information Superiority of the situation by J-ISR results not only in an operational advantage on the battlefield, but also in an advantage in all areas: air, land, sea, space, and, more recently, cyberspace. The experience of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and the increasingly tumultuous Asia-Pacific region has clearly shown the absolute necessity to make a leap forward in ISR technology.
The conference aimed to bring together experts from government and industry to activate within the CESMA a working group to assist in designing the new Italian roadmap post 2020.
SPEAKERS & PRESENTATIONS & VIDEO
- Opening remarks:
- Keynote briefings:
- The growth of knowledge and the operational benefits through the J-ISR: Vision of future needs and possible roadmap: (Gen B.A. Giuseppe Gimondo – SMD – Vice Capo VI Reparto C4I Systems And Transformation) ( video – slides )
- Possible development of situational awareness and interoperability in NATO in the post-2020 (Dr. Richard H. Wittstruck – US MOD – Chair NATO JCGISR) ( video – slides )
- Future J-ISR = “UNIFIED VISION” for “informational superiority” – (W.C.(R) RAF Rob Munday NATO NIAG SG177 Chairman) ( video – slides)
- Evolution Of Scenarios and Role Of New Smart-technologies – (Dr. Francesco Tosato: – CeSI) ( video –speach)
- The future of J-ISR: Sensors and Information
- Big data
- Future of Aerial Surveillance
- Closure & way ahead: Gen B.A. Giuseppe Gimondo, Nazzareno Cardinali & Gustavo Scotti di Uccio ( video )