Finmeccanica BoD (rev 15/12/13)
Finmeccanica BoD it is composed of the following Members: (ref Corporate Governance Report in page 90, and 4 Jul General Assembly
- GIOVANNI DE GENNARO – Chairman
- GUIDO VENTURONI (1) – Deputy Chairman (according to Feb13, 2013 BoD) (Admiral Guido Venturoni CV)
- ALESSANDRO PANSA (3) – CEO, COO (according to Feb13, 2013 BoD), General Manager (Alessandro Pansa CV)
- CARLO BALDOCCI – Director (4) – Mr Baldocci was born in Rome on 22/11/1966, he holds a law degree from the La Sapienza University of Rome and he graduated from the School of Business of Georgetown University of Washington. He entered the diplomatic service after being successful in a competition.
At the Ministry of Foreign Affairs he served in the Head Office of political affairs and in the General Secretariat; he served abroad in the Italian embassies in Tehran and Washington. He is a Diplomatic Advisor – a role he has held since 2003 – and an Advisor to the Minister for Economy and Finance on international economic affairs.
At the moment, he is, among other things, a member of the Strategic committee for the development and safeguarding of national economic interests abroad. Within the EU, he is the Italian representative in the Tax Policy Group and he was a member of the Lisbon Committee for the re-launch of competitiveness in Europe.
- PAOLO CANTARELLA (2) – Director – Mr Cantarella was born in Varallo Sesia (Vercelli) on 4 December 1944. He has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Politecnico University in Turin. He started his career in Turin companies operating in the automobile components industry and in 1977 he joined Fiat in the Automobile Components division. From 1980 to 1983 he was assistant to the Chief Executive Officer of Fiat Spa as well as head of the Interdivision Industrial Coordination of the Group. From 1983 to 1989 he was Chief Executive Officer of Comau, a company in the Fiat Group operating in the production resources and systems division. In 1989, he joined Fiat Auto where he was responsible for Purchasing and Logistics and in the same year he was appointed, first General Manager of Fiat Auto, and then, Chief Executive Officer and manager of the Automobile Division of the Fiat Group. From 1996 to 2002, he held the position of Chief Executive Officer of Fiat Spa and hairman of Fiat Auto Spa. From 2000 to 2001, he was Chairman of ACEA (European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association). He was a member of the Managing Committee of Confindustria and a Member of the Board of Directors of Mediobanca, HdP (holding company of Partecipazioni Industriali SpA), Alcatel, CNH, Polaroid, Terna and TOROC (Turin Olympics 2006). He was also Co-Chairman of the European Union – Russia Industrialists’ Round Table. He is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Interpartner Spa (real estate) and a member of the Board of Directors of Iren Spa and GVS as well as a member of the Advisory Board of Mandarin Capital Partners and Operating Partner of Advent International.
- GIOVANNI CATANZARO (1) – Director – Mr Catanzaro was born in Mazzarino (Caltanissetta) on 23 October 1944. From 1968 to 1979 he was a Director of large commercial companies and from 1979 to 1992 a Director of SAI Assicurazioni Spa in Turin. From 1980 to 1992 he held various positions in the Pozzi Ginori/Richard-Ginori Group in Milan, eventually holding the office of Chief Executive Officer. He was Chairman of Tecnoceram srl (from 1988 to 1998) and then Director (from 2004) and Chairman (from 2006 to 2008) of Lombardia Call Spa, Member of the Board of Directors of Lombardia-Servizi Spa (from 2004 to 2007), Chairman of the Supervisory Body of Sicilia e Sanità Spa (from 2005 to 2007) and Member of the Advisory Board of Lombardia Integrata (from 2002 to 2010), where since 2010 he has held the office of Sole Director.
From 1995 to the present day, he has been Chairman of A.Y.C. Immobiliare SpA, where he initially held the role of Managing Director from 1980. He has been the Managing Director of Lombardia Informatica SpA since 1999 and since 2005 he has been part of Consip SpA, where he has held the positions of Director and Deputy Chairman and then (from 2008 to 2011) of Chairman. From 2007 to 2010 he was Chairman of Gelsia Energia SpA. Finally, he is Chairman of the Auto Yachting Club in Catania.
- DARIO GALLI (1) – Director – Mr Galli was born in Tradate (Varese) on 25 June 1957. He has been a Director of Finmeccanica since 6 June 2008 and his mandate was renewed by the Shareholders’ Meeting of 4 May 2011. He has a degree in Mechanical Plant Engineering at Politecnico of Milan, and since April 2008 he is Provincial President of Varese. He has been Member of Parliament in the Chamber of Deputies (1997-2006) and Senator (2006-2008); between 1993 and 2002 he was Mayor of Tradate. Since 2009, he has held the position of Vice President of the Union of Italian Provinces and, since September of 2009, has been a director of Financière Fideuram S.A. He was assistant to General Administrative Office of the company FAST in Tradate, Responsible Manager manufacturing system at the Aermacchi in Varese and Head of production and logistics at the Replastic in Milan. He is currently a mechanical contractor. Furthermore, he has been professor at postgraduate course of the Chamber of Commerce of Varese.
- MARCO IANSITI (2) – Director – Mr Iansiti was born in Rome on 28 July 1961. He holds a degree in Physics from the University of Harvard where he also completed a Ph.D. He is currently a Professor at the Graduate School of Business Administration of the University of Harvard where he is also the Head of the Technology and Operations Management Department and head of the Digital Business Initiative. His academic work is focused on the areas of strategy, innovation and technology and he has published numerous books and articles in specialist publications dedicated to these subjects. He is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Keystone Strategy, Inc., a management consulting company. He carries out expert consultancy work on the subject of strategy and innovation for major international companies. He has been a member of the Board of Eurizon Financial Group, Inc., Supplier Market, Inc., Mobilian Corporation, Model N Corporation and IDe Corporation. He has been an Expert Witness for several major international companies including Microsoft Corporation and Intel Corporation.
- SILVIA MERLO (2) – Director – Ms Merlo was born in Cuneo on 28 July 1968, she holds a degree in Business Economics from the Carlo Cattaneo (LIUC) University in Castellanza (Varese). She is Chief Executive Officer of Merlo SpA Industria Metalmeccanica and Tecnoindustrie Merlo SpA. She holds positions on the Boards of Directors of all the companies belonging to the Merlo Group. She has been a member of the Board of Finmeccanica S.p.a. Corporate Governance Report financial year 2011Directors and of the Executive Committee of Banca Cassa di Risparmio di Savigliano SpA since 2006.
- FRANCESCO PARLATO (1) – Director – Mr. Parlato was born in Rome on 17 April 1961. He has been a Director of Finmeccanica since 12 September 2007 and was re-appointed on 6 June 2008 and on 4 May 2011. He holds an Economics and Business degree from LUISS University in Rome, and since 2007 has been the Director of the General Finance and Privatisation Section of the Treasury Department, where he has led the office responsible for the privatisation of groups and companies owned by the Ministry for the Economy and Finance since January 2003. For many years prior to that, he held management positions in the IRI Finance Department. He is currently a member of the Policy Committee of Cassa Depositi e Prestiti. He has also been a director of Gestore dei Servizi Elettrici – GSE SpA, Fincantieri SpA, Tirrenia di Navigazione SpA and Mediocredito del Friuli Venezia Giulia SpA.
- ALESSANDRO MINUTO RIZZO – Ambassador
- DARIO FRIGERIO
Dec 13 BoD: NEW APPOINTMENTS COMMITTEE established
- Giovanni De Gennaro (president),
- Paolo Cantarella (indipendent),
- Giovanni Catanzaro (indipendent),
- Silvia Merlo (indipendent)
- Francesco Parlato
(1) Directors appointed from the majority list submitted by the Ministry for the Economy and Finance, which holds 30.204% of the share capital.
(2) Directors appointed from a minority list submitted by a group of asset management companies and institutional investors, which hold an overall stake of about 1.063% of the share capital.
(3) He was appointed by co-option by the Board of Directors of 1 December 2011 pursuant to article 2386 of the Italian Civil Code.
(4) He was appointed by a Decree issued by the Ministry for Economy and Finance in agreement with the Minister for Economic Development pursuant to section 5.1 ter of the Company’s By-laws.