TADIC – 2011 “Practical Proposals”
Trans-Atlantic Defence technological & Industrial Cooperation (TADIC)
“Smart Defence – Smart “TADIC”
The 2011 Conference, organized under the direction of the Conference of National Armaments Directors (CNAD) and with the support of the NATO Industrial Advisory Group (NIAG), was held on the 14th of October 2010 at the NATO HQ, Brussels.
The aim of the Conference was to identify specific and practical ways to strengthen trans-Atlantic defence industrial cooperation and to set out what is necessary to enable successful cooperation in defence capability development and delivery.
The Conference was organized in two discussion Panels “The imperative for increased Alliance Trans-Atlantic defence technological and industrial cooperation in an era of “Smart Defence”” and “Delivering Alliance capability: lessons learned and future prospects for Trans-Atlantic programmes”. Panelists:
- Robert Bell: Secretary of Defense Representative in Europe (SECDEFREPEUR) and the Defense Advisor (DEFAD) for the US Mission to NATO (USNATO).
- Claude-France Arnould: Chief Executive of the European Defence Agency.
- Andrew Shapiro: Assistant Secretary of State for Defense Trade and Regional Security in the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs
- Alberto de Benedictis – Chief Executive, Finmeccanica UK
- Jack Harrington: CEO Thales Raytheon Systems
- Valerie Evans: UK MoD, Head of International Relations
- Jean Fournet:
- Gen.(retd) William J. Begert (UTC)
- Mr. Thomas F. Darcy (EADS)
- Mr James A Hursch (U.S. DOD)
- Maj.Gen. Carlo Magrassi (Italian MOD)
- Mr Peter M Wagner (EC)
NIAG SG 154 – TADIC documents
NIAG SG 154 – other documents
Other supporting documentation available here