Download the full October Brief here: 101031 AOS brief Oct 2010
You can also read each single topic by clicking on it
Categories Air Defence – ATC/ATM – ATM – Border Control – Border Security – C4ISR – Contracts – Customs and Border Protection – Cybersecurity – Export Control – Homeland Security – piracy / antipiracy – Policy – sensor – site protection – training – VTS / VTM –
“Best Sharing” Documents
- Close Air Support: why not AMX?
- SDA report “Fine-tuning EU border security” is published
- America top-secret 100820 TWP America Top Secret.
Systems and Technologies
- ELSAG North America: Tactical Operation Center (TOC) Software and All-In-One Fixed Plate Hunter (AIO) at 2010 IACP Show
- IAI MF- STAR Multi Function Surveillance & Threat Alert Radar delivered
- NGC Introduces New Coherent Doppler Radar System For Patrol Vessels and Small Combatants
- LM Develops Vehicle-Mounted Tablet for Tactical Situational Awareness
- Lockheed Martin: Next Generation Long-Range Surveillance Radar design approved
- MEADS life-cycle costs will require less people, less airlift, and less logistical support than Patriot
- Thales launches CYBELS, a comprehensive cybersecurity solution
- China Has Ability To Hijack U.S. Military Data, Report Says
- Cyber attack threat ‘could be next Pearl Harbor’
- CASSIDIAN reinforces Cyber Security expertise through acquisition of UK Cyber Consultancy
- Defense Contractors Find New Roles in Evolving Market with Focus on Cyber, ISR
- Possible biblical clue seen in computer worm hitting Iran
- Stuxnet ‘cyber superweapon’ moves to China
- Chaos in Milan Courts as Antivirus Program Overloads Computers
Piracy / Antipiracy
- Integrated Border Security Approach: a Success Story
- Raytheon: Clear View Security Solutions for Border Control
Policy and Trends
- Passenger Aircraft will fly with no pilot on board?
- Littoral Combat Ship Competition Rife with Rumors
- WCO, INTERPOL and UNODC/ coordinate effort to counter Illicit Use of Precursor Chemicals Used to Make Explosives
- why not AMX ?
- UK Navy to reduce to smallest size ever to save carriers
- NATO ACT, EU and Industry to Improve Capabilities to Face New Security Challenges
- NATO to Reach Out to Russia on Missile Defence