1012 AOS Dec Brief
AOS Dec 2010 Brief
Download the full December Brief here: 101231 AOS Dec 2010 Brief
You can also read each single topic by clicking on it
Categories ACQUISITION – Air Defence – ATC/ATM – ATM – Border Control – Border Security – C4ISR – Contracts – Customs and Border Protection – Cybersecurity – Export Control – Homeland Security – piracy / antipiracy – Policy – sensor – site protection – training – VTS / VTM –
Companies / Organizations BOEING – FINMECCANICA GROUP – GENERAL DYNAMICS – LOCKHEED MARTIN – RAYTHEON – SAAB – THALES GROUP – DHS – EUROPEAN UNION – FRANCE – GERMANY – ITA MOD – NATO – TSA – UK – UK MOD – US COAST GUARD – US DOD – USA – BORDER SECURITY – CYBER SECURITY
- Agostino Miozzo: European EAS Managing Director for Crisis Response and Operational Coordination – Dr Miozzo (CV Agostino Miozzo) is the Managing Director for Crisis Response and Operational Coordination in the European External Action Service (EEAS) within the Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Commission.
- DHS’ Major Accomplishments in 2010 – DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano highlighted the Department’s 2010 accomplishments emphasizing the major steps the Department has taken in 2010 […]
- Hurricane Katrina Recovery after Five Years – it’s been more than five years since Hurricane Katrina left widespread destruction along the Mississippi Coast but rebuilding and recovery will continue in 2011. […]
- US and New Zealand Sign Memorandum fir Emergency Management Collaboration – The US has recently concluded similar agreements with Spain, Germany, France, Israel, Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada. (see also https://www.aofs.org/hs-bilateral-agreements-us/ ) […]
- 1012 Catastrophic event management – : Sharing best practices, and lessons learned from errors, in the analysis of two catastrophic events: Katrina Hurricane and L”Aquila Earthquake …
Systems and Technologies
- Rugged Computers – a global picture of the present needs and status Rugged computing Military maintenance Getting testy Warfighter wish list SWaP specifics . […]
- Secretary Napolitano’s Remarks at The Atlantic’s Cybersecurity Forum – “Cybersecurity is about effective partnerships and shared security,” said Secretary Napolitano. “The Obama administration is committed to working closely with our partners across government and in the private sector […]
- New Corps’ Mission To Parry Cyberthreat – 2,800 Navy intelligence, information warfare, information/network management, cryptologists and oceanography personnel on Oahu, and 176 received recognition yesterday for accomplishment in a relatively new cadre — the Information Dominance Corps. […]
- 1007 Information Sharing: The new intelligence capability – According to President Obama, it was an information sharing and analysis breakdown that nearly allowed a terrorist to kill 290 people on 25 Dec 2009 […]
- 1006 What is the Purpose of the U.S. Foreign Terrorist Organizations List? – The United States maintains a range of “terrorist lists,” of which the Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO) list is one of the better known.
- 1005 EU Commission Regulation on Aviation Security – EU lays down detailed measures for the implementation of the common basic standards on aviation security for safeguarding against acts of unlawful interferences and general measures supplementing the common basic standards …
Policy and Trends
- DoD Officials Preparing Smaller 2012 Budget – The Pentagon in February likely will send Congress a fiscal 2012 budget blueprint seeking about $15 billion less than the $678 billion sought for 2011 […]
- U.K. Launches Formal Consultation On Defense, Security Equipment – The Green Paper marking the formal consultation on equipment, support, and technology for U.K. defence and security. […]
- EU-US ministerial meeting on Justice and Home Affairs – The biannual EU–US ministerial meeting on justice and home affairs was held on 08-09 December in Washington. […]
- Embraer: new Corporate Unit for Defense and Security Market – an important step in consolidating the Company’s central position in the process of strengthening Brazil’s defense and security industry. […]
- 1011 NATO’s new Strategic Concept –reconfirms the commitment to defend one another against attack as the bedrock of Euro-Atlantic security and will serve as the Alliance’s roadmap for the next ten years.
- 1010 Close Air Support – Light attack, a revitalized concept in the Air Force, addresses the need for an airplane that offers surveillance as well as strike capabilities and walks between UAV and high-performance fighters.
- 1004 Defending Against Drones: How our new favorite weapon in the war on terror could be turned against us. – The unmanned spy plane that Lebanon’s Hizbullah sent buzzing over Israeli towns in 2005 was loud and weaponless, and carried only a rudimentary camera. But. …
- DRS Technologies: 50,000 Thermal Weapon Sight to U.S. Army – DRS Technologies, Inc., A Finmeccanica Company, announced the delivery of its 50,000th Thermal Weapon Sight (TWS). […]
- EDA: 53 M€ for Unmanned Maritime Systems – Ten Countries signed arrangements for 14 projects on unmanned maritime systems (UMSs). EU Countries Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain and Sweden agreed a 53 million euro envelope for the […]
- Defense Contracting Cuts Might Be Much Smaller Than Predicted – impending contracting cuts could be far smaller than many predicted […]
- Congress: OKs Dual-Source LCS Warship Purchase – Navy to split a roughly $10 billion purchase of the first 20 in a new class of coastal warships between teams led by Lockheed Martin Corp and Australia’s Austal Ltd, […]
- The Coming Iraqi Business Boom – What may be the world’s richest resource economy, once the closed shop of a murderous clique, is today wide open for business. Driven by what many geologists consider […]
- USCG: $480 M to NGC for 4th National Security Cutter – “These ships are a significant part of the Coast Guard’s recapitalization program,” said Irwin F. Edenzon, […
- 1009 LCS Focus – The Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) is the U.S. Navy’s newest surface combatant class.
- India, Russia stress on nuke non-proliferation – India and Russia stressed on the need for all states to comply with their respective obligations on nuclear non-proliferation. […]
- US Export Control Reform Initiative: Key Developments – the interagency review of the U.S. export control system, with the goal of strengthening national security and the competitiveness by focusing on current threats, as well as adapting to the changing economic and technological landscape. This review determined that the […]
- Timing May Hurt U.S. Export-Control Proposals – New draft regulations appear poised to do what past presidents and Congresses could not or would not: […]
- Ease hi-tech exports, India to Germany – India urged Germany to remove restrictions on high technology transfers to India. Germany’s restrictions on high technology trade with India has led to heartburn in Delhi […]