May 13, 2018
Sustainment & Logistics
- US Defence Department Reform: “Sustainability is a must” – “We need to start thinking about sustainment more when we design systems”
- To reduce F-35 sustainment cost, focus on agile software – Predictive maintenance could significantly drive down sustainment costs
- Sustainment Week at CASCOM to discuss the future of Army Logistics – sustainment forces must adapt to sustain global joint combined arms operations in sufficient scale
- A-ICE unveils CLOS at NATO TideSprint– CLOS: a technological innovation to the “deployment” component of Military Logistics
- F-35 Joint Program Office: $1.4 billion sustainment contract to Lockheed Martin industry team – The contract also covers ALIS support, predictive health management and data analytics; supply chain logistics; air system maintenance; sustaining engineering; depot activation; and pilot and maintainer training, for all U.S. and international F-35s through April 30, 2019.
- The logistics center of the Galileo – It is from this high-tech center, a 3000 m2 and 12 million 600 thousand euros paid by the Walloon Region building, that logistics support for the European satellite navigation network will be centralized.
- New Thinking on Performance-Based Logistics – “PBL has achieved some notable success as a tool for sustaining defense operational capability at reasonable cost.”
- What Performance Based Logistics Is and What It Is Not … – Although Performance Based Logistics (PBL) sustainment strategies have been used successfully for the last decade, misperceptions persist.
- A Systematic Use of Performance Based Logistics Will Save DoD Money – PBLis a way of making the Department of Defense more efficient and more economical in how it maintains equipment.
- Using performance-based logistics (PBL) for US defence contracts … – Rather than the traditional “spares and repairs” or “goods and services” approach, it based its procurement decisions on the contractor’s ability to perform the maintenance function efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Performance-Based Logistics – PBL Basics Better Buying Power – Defense Logistics Agency