Finland adopted its Cyber-security Strategy
The vision of Finland’s cyber-security is that:
- Finland can secure its vital functions against cyber-threats in all situations;
- Citizens, the authorities and businesses can eff ectively utilise a safe cyber domain and the competence arising from cyber-security measures, both nationally and internationally;
- By 2016, Finland will be a global forerunner in cyber threat preparedness and in managing the disturbances caused by these threats.
The Strategy proposes 10 strategic guidelines to create the conditions for the materialisation of the national cyber-security vision. Those guidelines are:
- Create an efficient collaborative model between the authorities and other actors for the purpose of advancing national cyber-security and cyber-defence.
- Improve comprehensive cyber-security situation awareness among the key actors that participate in securing the vital functions of society.
- Maintain and improve the abilities of businesses and organisations critical to the vital functions of society as regards detecting and repelling cyber-threats and disturbances that jeopardise any vital function and their recovery capabilities as part of the continuity management of the business community.
- Make certain that the police have sufficient capabilities to prevent, expose and solve cybercrime.
- The Finnish Defence Forces will create a comprehensive cyber defence capability for their statutory tasks.
- Strengthen national cyber security through active and efficient participation in the activities of international organisations and collaborative fora that are critical to cyber security.
- Improve the cyber expertise and awareness of all societal actors.
- Secure the preconditions for the implementation of effective cyber-security measures through national legislation.
- Assign cyber-security related tasks, service models and common cyber-security management standards to the authorities and actors in the business community.
- The implementation of the Strategy and its completion will be monitored.