LCS: the “end” of the “never-ending story”?
Rather than selecting one team to build 10 ships, the Navy will instead award construction contracts to both Lockheed Martin and Austal USA.
see recent articles from :
- 101106 Marinette Marine celebrates long wait for more Navy ships , By Nathan Phelps
- 101105 Congressional approval of Navy’s LCS plan is possible, says Jo Bonner , Dan Murtaugh, Press-Register
- 101104 Navy asks Congress to buy both LCS designs , By Christopher P. Cavas – Staff writer
- 101103 Inside Look at the New Littoral Combat Ship Plan , By Christopher P. Cavas
- 100803 EADS: TRS-3D to LM for US LCS Program and Coast Guard’s “Deepwater” programmes , EADS N.V.
- 100423 SSI KRONOS: on Peruvian “Aguirre” class frigates and proposed for the US LCs , Finmeccanica Group
- 100414 LCS: proposal from Lockheed Martin , Lockheed Martin Corporation
- 100331 Problems with LCS ships ? , by Andrea Shalal-Esa; Editing by Bernard Orr – Reuters
- 100328 Loser To Fight In LCS Deal? , By Sean Reilly, Washington Bureau
- 100318 US NAVY LCS: life-cycle cost is a major problem , Defense Daily – By Emelie Rutherford
- 100305 Northrop Considers Bid for U.S. Navy’s LCS , By Christopher P. Cavas Defense News
- 100304 GD and Austal Split Up To Bid on LCS , Christopher P. Cavas Defense News
- 100210 Cost is critical factor in LCS competition-US Navy , By Andrea Shalal-Esa, editing by John Wallace (Reuters)
- 100204 US Navy: LCS Budget , www.defense-aerospace.com
- 101022 LCS Mine Countermeasure Mission Package Completes Phase III Testing , US Navy
- 101020 Littoral Combat Ship Competition Rife with Rumors , Lexington Institute
A synthesis of the LCS program and of the ship characteristics are available here LCS FOCUS –