Future Hypersonics Program
The Department of Defense, United States Air Force (USAF), Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Armament Directorate, is currently conducting market research seeking capabilities statements from potential sources, including small businesses (SB), 8(a), HUBZone, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned (EDWOSB), Woman-Owned (WOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB) small businesses for an effort involving systems integration of a Weapon Open System Architecture (WOSA)-based, solid-rocket boosted, air-breathing, hypersonic conventional cruise missile, air-launched from existing fighter/bomber aircraft into a preliminary design.
The effort involves the use of Digital Engineering (DE) and Model-Based Engineering (MBE) practices for requirements, design, trade studies, and analyses; as well as the use of DE/MBE to accomplish technical planning for qualification, component/subsystem testing, manufacturing, and sustainment of the air-breathing hypersonic cruise missile under representative operational conditions.
Area of capacity are the following:
- sustained air-breathing hypersonic propulsion (ramjet, scramjet, or dual-mode),
- stable hypersonic aerodynamics,
- aero-thermal protection systems,
- solid rocket motors,
- warhead/missile integration,
- advanced hypersonic guidance,
- navigation, and control including advanced subsystem technologies and communications, and
- fighter/bomber weapon integration.
This weapon system must be designed and analyzed to achieve a Preliminary Design Review (PDR) in 4QFY21.
More in : here
Notice ID: FA8682-20-R-0008
Department/Ind. Agency: DEPT OF DEFENSE
- Original Published Date: Apr 27, 2020 05:59 pm CDT
- Original Response Date: May 11, 2020 03:00 pm CDT
- NAICS Code: 541715 – Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Nanotechnology and Biotechnology)
SOLICITATION NUMBER: FA8682-20-R-0008