Past events/eventi trascorsi
NEW – 24/02 CESMA : ‘Volare’ oltre il cielo: con Luca Parmitano
ITAF Maj. Luca Parmitano, the first Italian astronaut to have walked in space, spoke of his mission to an audience of fans and fellow Air Force. The meeting at the House Aviator in Role was organized by the CESMA (Center of Aeronautical Military Studies “G. Douhet”) .
- location: Roma : 24 Jan 2014
- (report here), (slides “Volare oltre il Cielo” here) / (resoconto qui) , (presentazione “Volare oltre il Cielo” qui)
- video (…i campioni mondiali della cooperazione – l’attività extraveicolare – … con il casco pieno d’acqua – la fase di rientro ed altri)
- photos here
- organization: Centro Studi Militari Aeronautici “Giulio Douhet” (CESMA)
CESMA – Master Spazio e Workshop “CYBERSECURITY in Air e Satellite Navigation”
- location: Tor Vergata University, Dip. Ingegneria Elettronica
- report with video and presentations / resoconto con video e presentazioni
- organization: Tor Vergata University, Dip. Ingegneria Elettronica, and Centro Studi Militari Aeronautici “Giulio Douhet” (CESMA)
- Supporting companies AOS, Boeing, Elettronica ELT, ENAV, SELEX ES
Based on past experiences and events we know there are no limits to the attempted attacks and vulnerability exploitations always present in all communication systems. Secure communications in air and satellite navigation has recently been questioned by some practical demonstrations of intrusion that can determine future scenarios of dangerous evolution. Understanding the weaknesses of the current frameworks, defining operational modes and products for contrasting the threats, are the objectives of each security officer. A fortiori, this must be done in the field of air and satellite navigation where even a slight alteration of signals can cause dramatic consequences.
Negligent liability: Two experiences in comparison, airline industry and health sector
- the full report (in italian) with presentations, relations and video
- organization: School of Magistrates, University of Bologna, CESMA ( Aeronautical Military Studies Center ) and ANACNA (National Association of Assistant Controllers and Air Navigation)
“Negligent liability , warranty positions and profiles to complex activities of organizations at risk allowed. Two experiences in comparison , the airline industry and the health sector.” was the title of a study day held in Rome, at the High Defence Studies Centre.
CESMA – Aeromobili a Pilotaggio Remoto: Punto di Situazione e Prospettive
- resoconto dettagliato con presentazioni (italiano)
- detailed report with presentations and video (english)
- Sponsoring ENAC, ENAV, ITAF
- Supporting companies Alenia Arrmacchi, Aermatica, AOS, Boeing, Elettronica, IDS, Piaggio Aero Industries e Selex-ES
L’obiettivo è stato quello di delineare, sulla base di specifiche applicazioni e partendo da determinati impieghi operativi e profili di missione, sia in ambito militare che civile, quali siano i fattori che possano consentire un utilizzo maturo che permetta il pieno sfruttamento delle capacità offerte dagli Aeromobili a Pilotaggio Remoto.
Sono stati analizzati i fattori abilitanti di tipo tecnologico in chiave “dual use”, gli aspetti relativi alle normative, alla standardizzazione e certificazione e infine le tematiche inerenti agli impatti a livello sociale che l’utilizzo estensivo di questi velivoli può comportare.
Infine, sono stati analizzati i possibili sviluppi futuri e gli aspetti che, secondo il CESMA, dovranno essere studiati più approfonditamente nell’immediato futuro.
CESMA/AIMAS. Workshop: Deploying Stem Cells
- Identifying potential uses of stem cells in emergency situations during surgery
- Suggesting systematic sampling of stem cells from our soldiers to be used in case of accidents or fighting incidents
- Recognizing the path to follow for the future and the role played by Aerospace medicine due to the special conditions required by stem cells
- Report of the seminar at www.j-med.eu
AFCEA RM. Workshop: “the Role of Radar for Security”
- Location: AFB Pratica di Mare
Maritime Reconnaissance & Surveillance 2013 Conference
- Location, Rome, Italy
Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance 2013 will provide you with a truly international viewpoint on current and future MPA requirements but this year will also see the introduction of a brand-new Satellite Reconnaissance Focus Day. As the importance of satellite-based geospatial intelligence, tracking and video analytics continues to develop, the Focus Day will offer a unique insight into the opportunities satellites present for improving our maritime domain awareness and security.
TPN Washington 15-18 July – TRANSATLANTIC WEEK
Organised by Transatlantic Policy Network (TPN) in partnership with AT&T, Bertelsman Foundation, Daimler, the European Internet Foundation and Science/Business, the event intended to raise the profile of the Transatlantic relationships, as well as forster a dialogue on shared purpose and joint action among US and EU policy-makers. Session 1 was devoted to the Transatlantic Cooperation on Defence.
- Transatlantic Cooperation on Defence 1 – session report by Rudy Priem
- Transatlantic Cooperation on Defence 2 – the NIAG Contribution by Martin Hill
- see also: Transatlantic Policy Network’s website =>www.tpnonline.org
- CESMA Italy & Space: 50 years of lessons learned to better exploit the future (report, presentazioni e video
- CESMA The Great Rotation
- European Space Agency in Frascati (Italy) – “Big data from Space”
- DEMETRA & “Fondazione 8 ottobre 2011” – Safety Culture in Air Transport. Negligent actions of the aeronautical operators.
- CESMA – F35: a Scapegoat
- NATO – LaSpezia – Italy “Modelling and Simulation Support for Cyber Defence”
- AFCEA – Workshop “Iniziatives in Support to SME”
- CESMA – The future of Rotary Wings
- NATO – Communications and Information Agency Industry Conference
- Vatican – Maritime piracy, the Vatican warns exponential phenomenon
- Washington – “DHS, not NSA, Should Lead Cybersecurity”
- Brussels: TADIC 3 – 2011 Oct,14
- Brussels: Smart Defence with “Smart Military APPS”